CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, May 14, 2009

Back to Beads

As my latest venture, I have taken to the streets...

Well, maybe not the streets, but to Mangga Dua wholesale center in Jakarta! Its just as crowded inside as it is outside on the streets, but luckily not as hot. Anyway- In my attempt to explore my creative juices, I have taken up jewelry making. So, my trip to Mangga Dua was for the porpose of buying the beads, stones, and all other parts for creating my very own exquisite masterpieces.

My first purchases included:
various green and blue beads
white and blue glass seed beads
White quarts
Garnate
Chinese made crystal beads (think swarovski on a budget)
silver findings (parts for connections, glasps, and hooks)
Nickle-free ear hooks
Pliers and wire cutters
and perhaps a bit more.

First is a pair of garnate + crystal bead chandalier earrings.



Second is a pair of quartz + glass bead necklace (These are for my mom!) plus a matching necklace.



Third is a pair of garnate + crystal earrings that resemble grapes! These are the American Idol earrings, because that's what I was watching while I worked on them!

1 comments:

Unknown

sooo pretty. i'll take one of each, including the one for your mom, then i'll give them to my fiance, heh. wait, that doesn't make any sense. ;-)

Post a Comment